According to the Act on the Status and Rights of Social Welfare Clients, each municipality must appoint a social ombudsman. Social ombudsman is a neutral person who protects the interests of clients. Social ombudsman’s task is to give advice, but not make decisions or grant benefits.
- Advices and instructs public and private social welfare clients on issues related to the application of Act on the Status and Rights of Social Welfare Clients
- Can act as a mediator between the client and the server provider
- Supports issuing a reminder, if necessary
- Informs customers about their rights and act to promote and enforce rights
- Monitors the development of customer’s position and rights and reports annually to the municipal government
The Centre of Excellence on Social Welfare in Central Finland provides social ombudsman services to all 23 municipalities of Central Finland, which is home of 275,000 inhabitants. Eija Hiekka acts as the social ombudsman.
Download brochure (pdf, 0,9 Mt)
Social ombudsman Eija Hiekka
Tel. 044 265 1080
Phone time: Mon-Thu 9-11am
Secure email: https://email@example.com
TrueConnector: firstname.lastname@example.org (device-independent video conferencing connection, arrange a personal time in advance.)
For a personal visit, time can be booked in advance.
Visiting address in Tourula: Matarankatu 4 or other place if necessary.
Postal address: Keski-Suomen sosiaalialan osaamiskeskus, Sosiaaliasiamies, Matarankatu 4, 40100 JYVÄSKYLÄ.