KOSKE manages the services of consulting early childhood special needs teacher. The municipalities of Central Finland can purchase consultation services from KOSKE. The need for service has decreased in recent years as planes as the municipalities have started to provide the services of consulting early childhood special needs teacher themselves.
The purpose of the operation is
- to offer access to the services of early childhood special needs teacher in accordance with the Daycare Act, ensuring that disabled children and those with other educational support needs receive equality and uniformity in their care
- to develop childcare and education of children in need of special support, and meet the needs of children
- to develop the skills and practices of the personnel
The services of the consulting early childhood special needs teacher are
- Personnel guidance and consultation
- Offering work partnership to the employees
- Participating in meetings with the client, home visits, and consultations
- Phone consultations
- Document familiarization as part of the consultation
- After special consideration, individual and/or small group work with children (mapping, rehabilitation, guidance for personnel through work modelling)
- Planning pedagogical activities together with personnel
- Written summaries and statements
- Organizing training concerning early childhood special needs education in cooperation with partner municipalities and other organizations in the region
- Development work based on the latest research, good practices and models.