What is KOSKE?
The Centre of Excellence on Social Welfare in Central Finland (KOSKE) is a regional organization which aims to strengthen and develop the competence of Central Finland’s social welfare field. KOSKE provides and coordinates networks for professionals, municipal agents, and everyone interested in developing social welfare and wellbeing.
KOSKE is one of 11 Centres of Excellence on Social Welfare in Finland, each of which operates out of a different region. The work community of KOSKE consists of its personnel and project developers. At KOSKE, we value openness, reliability, and equality.
The function of Centres of Excellence is based on the Government Decree on the activities of social welfare excellence centres (13.12.2001/1230). They function on a regional level as statutory operators providing statements regarding the development of social welfare and changes in legislation. The statutory funding is provided by the Ministry of Social Affairs and Health. In accordance with the Act, Centres of Excellence develop expertise and perform specialised services within the social welfare field as well as promote communication between the education, research, and practice sectors of the field. The primary activities of the Centers of Expertise are financed by the Ministry of Social Affairs and Health.
What does KOSKE do?
KOSKE’s main goal is to be an adaptive and respectable regional social welfare development community for both professionals and other actors. This is achieved by…
1. Supporting the long-term development of social welfare in the Central Finland region.
- We ensure that developmental activities meet the needs of municipalities, the region of Central Finland, and the National Social and Health Development Program.
- We test and develop the operational models in cooperation with different agents so that individual projects can fruitfully blossom from idea to form a successful continuum from an idea into permanent practice.
2. Collecting, integrating, and distributing up-to-date academic and practical information about the social welfare field.
- We organize discussion forums for professionals, researchers, and education providers, and striving to make the tacit knowledge of the field visible.
- We promote applied and multidisciplinary research.
3. Strengthening professional competence in the field of social welfare.
- KOSKE is a place for peer support and peer learning.
- We provide and develop working methods, consulting practices, and services in the social welfare field.
- We explore new trends, anticipate educational needs, and seek ways to improve expertise in co-operation with other actors in the social sector.
Services and projects
KOSKE provides services for municipalities, which are:
- Social ombudsman,
- Child Welfare Specialist,
- Child Welfare Multidisciplinary Expert Group,
- Consulting early childhood special needs teacher.
KOSKE has various ongoing projects in the following themes:
- Child welfare work partnership model
- Experiences made visible – Good practices and challenges in elderly cohousing
- Kansa-koulu III – digitally strengthening the social welfare field’s documentation expertise
- LUMO – Multidisciplinary Reform of Child Welfare
- Meijän Mieli – Mental health support for young people
- PAKU – Improving Service Journeys of Service Users with Multiple Needs
- TASOS – Financial capability and social inclusion
phone: 0400 546 613
email: email@example.com (ä=a)
phone: 0400 904 663
For more information, move to the next page: