What is KOSKE?
The Centre of Excellence on Social Welfare in Central Finland (KOSKE) is an organization that develops services and know-how on social welfare in Central Finland. KOSKE provides and coordinates networks for professionals, municipal agents, and everyone interested in developing social welfare and wellbeing.
KOSKE is one of 11 Centres of Excellence on Social Welfare in Finland, each of which operates based on different regions. The work community of KOSKE consists of its personnel, developers of different projects. At KOSKE, we value openness, reliability, and equality.
The function of Centre of Excellence is based on the Government Decree on the activities of social welfare know-how centres (13.12.2001/1230). They function on regional level as statutory operators providing statements regarding the development of social welfare and changes in legislation. The statutory funding is provided by the Ministry of Social Affairs and Health.
What KOSKE does?
KOSKE’s main objective is to establish a regional, flexible and acknowledged community for professionals in social affairs and others to develop social welfare. This is achieved by…
1. Supporting the long-term development work of social welfare in the Central Finland region.
- We ensure that the development activities meet the needs of municipalities, the region of Central Finland, and the National Social and Health Development Program.
- We test and develop the operational models in cooperation with different agents to form a successful continuum from an idea to a permanent practice.
2. Collecting, combining and forwarding the current academical knowledge and practical know-how of social welfare.
- We organize different kinds of discussion forums for professionals, researchers, and education providers, and striving to make the tacit knowledge of the field visible.
- We promote applied and multidisciplinary research.
3. Consolidating the professional competence in the field of social welfare.
- KOSKE is a place for peer support and peer learning.
- We produce and develop methods, consultancy practices and services on social sector.
- We anticipate the needs for additional training to improve further the competence of the professionals of social affairs as a flexible and proactive agent in the field of social welfare.
Services and projects
KOSKE provides services for municipalities, which are:
- the social welfare ombudsman,
- the expert social worker for child welfare,
- the multi-professional team for child welfare,
- the consulting early childhood special education teacher.
KOSKE has various ongoing projects in the following themes:
- Elderly cohousing and their sense of community
- Mental health support for young people
- Multi-professionals in child welfare
- Service journeys and holistic case management model for unemployed people with multiple needs
- Financial capability and social inclusion
- Health and wellbeing ecosystem
phone: 0400 546 613
email: email@example.com (ä=a)
phone: 0400 904 663
For more information, move to the next page: